Sunday, October 19, 2014

Burlap wreath

I've been working on a wreath for my front door; my roommate sent me a picture and I went with it!  I found a great tutorial here: https://www.burlapwreath.com/how-to-make-a-burlap-wreath/.  This link as a video, I found the picture and description only tutorials very difficult to understand. So instead of me explaining how to make this wreath.... just go to the link.

Here it is in progress. I used 3 rolls of 4in. Burlap.  The tutorial says the wreath will take 10 min., I took a few days but I bought the rolls of burlap one at a time and then had emergency surgery half way though, then kept getting distracted during the process.

All finished!  I added an orange flower and scarecrow from an old fall decoration.  The flower has an alligator clip on the back making it easy to attach to the wreath.


It looks great on the door!

And then I decided I needed a bow... and the scarecrow/flower didn't work out so I added the flower to the bow and went with that.
 
Here is the front of the house (before I added the bow)
 
 
 
~Maggie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment