Sunday, November 17, 2013

Let's call it interesting...

So It's been an interesting weekend....

Things started out tame enough, Saturday I worked a half day (which gets me all day Tuesday off!).  My best friend came in with her daughter while doing some errands.  Her daughter ran straight to my office and gave me a big hug!  I was so surprised, she is usually so shy (and I respect that being the same way!). 

I had planned to get a short run in after work but the weather was so icky I decided to go to Wal-Mart instead.  Wal-Mart is really crowded on Saturday afternoons, remind me not to do that again...

Sunday....I knew I had to get my long run in so I turned down Dad's offer to go to Prince William Forest to run.  That is more due to the fact that every time we go there I get car sick, very very car sick.  I should have gone.

At mile four I was on a small path that goes between soccer fields and the library parking lot, through a small section of woods.  There were two ladies and their three dogs on the path, they moved over and pulled in the leashes.  I stupidly keep running down the path.  I know to walk past dogs, and in every other situation like this have.  By the time I realized the one dog (a large black lab) was lunging and slowed to a walk my had was already in the dogs mouth.

Now I don't believe this was aggressive at all, and if the dog was dangerous the owner would have known to keep a stronger hold on the dog.  So please don't take this as an anti-dog post.  I'm more to blame than the dog.  I learned a lesson today, please you do the same.

I told the ladies I was ok, and there wasn't any broken skin so I thought I was.  It wasn't until I called my mom to come get me that I lost my cool.  I did go to the urgent care to get checked out, luckily there don't seem to be any broken bones. My had feels sore, but a lot better than it did this morning.

So no long run this weekend, but I have Tuesday off!  Also I don't think my ab workouts are going to happen for a few days....

Speaking of workouts:

39.09 miles so far this month!  The 3rd is a 10k race and an orienteering yellow course. The 9th was a course my dad made for me, cut short when I started hearing gun shots (from miles away at the marine base) and freaked myself out. The 10th is a yellow course and then a relay leg. The rest of the runs are on the road.

And that's the news...
~Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment